If you have been vaccinated against COVID-19 or have recovered from the illness in a country other than Switzerland, you can apply for your certificate here.
In a transitional phase until 10 October 2021, all foreign vaccination certificates for EMA-approved vaccines will be valid for access to events or facilities requiring a COVID certificate. In these cases, a Swiss vaccination certificate is not necessary.
EU Digital COVID Certificate are recognized in Switzerland. Applications to obtain a Swiss vaccination certificate based on such a certificate will not be processed.
This application form is only for people who, live in the CANTON OF BERN, have their place of origin (Heimat) in the CANTON OF BERN or plan a stay of at least one month in the CANTON OF BERNE. Applications from persons who provide evidence of a stay in the canton of Berne of less than one month will not be processed.
If you live, are staying or have your place of residence in another canton, you are kindly requested to contact that other canton. Applications from persons with domicile, residence or place of origin (Heimatort) in ANOTHER CANTON will not be processed.
You will find a list of the other cantonal websites for applying for the COVID certificate here:
Please select the option that applies to you. Documentary proof must be submitted for all the information you provide.
In a transitional phase until 10 October 2021, all foreign vaccination certificates for EMA-approved vaccines will be valid for access to events or facilities requiring a COVID certificate.
This applies to you if:
- you were given both doses of the vaccine in a country other than Switzerland;
- you have recovered from the disease and have been given one dose of the vaccine in a country other than Switzerland;
- you were given your second dose of the vaccine in a country other than Switzerland.
Please contact VacMe in order to get your COVID vaccination certificate, if you were given your second dose of the vaccine in Switzerland:
You can only be issued with a Swiss COVID-19 vaccination certificate if you have been vaccinated with a vaccine that is authorised in Switzerland or approved by the European Medicines Agency (EMA). These vaccines are (information as at 20.09.2021):
- Spikevax (‘Moderna’)
- Comirnaty (‘Pfizer/BioNTech’)
- Janssen COVID-19 vaccine (‘Johnson & Johnson’)
- Vaxzevria (‘AstraZeneca’)
- Mix-Match: 1 dose of Vaxzevria (‘AstraZeneca’) with 1 dose of Spikevax (‘Moderna’) or 1 dose of Comirnaty (‘Pfizer/BioNTech’)
COVID certificates cannot currently be issued for vaccination with Sputnik V.
- I can provide a positive PCR test to prove that I was infected outside Switzerland with the Sars-Cov-2 coronavirus.Application Form
Under Article 16 of the COVID-19 Ordinance on Certificates, a Swiss COVID certificate for persons who have recovered may only be issued if your infection was confirmed by a positive PCR test (molecular-biological analysis).